Petzl RIG is a compact self-braking descender designed for experienced rope access workers. It has an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable descent control. The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at the work station without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device.
Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the harness, facilitating passage of intermediate anchors. The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone.
• Material(s): aluminum, steel, nylon
• Weight: 400g
• Maximum working load: 200 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical advice at
• Certification(s): EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 15151-1, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
– EN 341 type 2 class A when used with PARALLEL 10.5 mm or AXIS 11 mm rope
– EN 12841 type C when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm EN 1891 A rope
– EN 15151-1 when used with a 9 to 11 mm rope
– NFPA 1983 Technical Use when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.